Sunday, March 07, 2004

The Passions of The Christ

So I saw it... The Passions of The Christ I also see what all the hype is about. It was quite possibly one of the most graphic movies I have ever seen. It's funny I mentioned just that to a friend last night and his response was " reality is always more graphic than imagination". I supposed he is right however, me not being a very religious person I have a hard time with the idea that the movie was based on fact. As realistic as it was and as horrific as it was I am still no closer to believing in the story of the bible then I was the 2 hours and 15 minutes before I watched it. That may be blasphemous of me but it is how I feel. I have spent far too many years studying science, evolution and the human form to not be skeptical of a divine power that created and can end all. Hmmm a thought to ponder on a Sunday. One thing I would like to say is it is an incedribly well made movie. Kudos to Mel Gibson for his blood sweat and tears over this one. The cinemetography was phenomenal, the costumes, makeup and sets were very realistic, and the special effects were just plain awesome. All and all I give the move a strong 7.5 out of 10. Could have done without the subtitles, however they were clear, short and stayed up long enough so even the most primary of readers could have got through them easily.

On another note, work that is... I am off to Toronto for a week. Leaving today and returning next Saturday. I am off to what is called GM Boot Camp! I week of highly intensive training in a group environment. The company is footing the bill for me to stay in a hotel for a week, the Vahalla Inn as a matter of fact. I am really excited for the whole experience. I am roominf with someone as well from what I understand. Not sure who as of yet, but it will be nice to meet some new people.

On that note, I will not be posting for over a week unless I gain access to a computer while I am gone. Even if I do however I will likely not be blogging, more like checking me email.

Have an awesome week all, smile spring is just around the corner.

L

No comments: