I can just hear the gasps of disbelief from the peanut gallery right now.. OMG she has blogged, and a real entry not just a link to a great post on someone else's blog.
I would apologize but that is pointless... Those of you who talk to me regularly know that I am famous for my long blogging sobaticals.
Well lets get started and bring everyone up to speed...
Since it has been a while Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all (better late than never I suppose).
A lot has changed in my life recently for example a week and a half ago we found out that I am pregnant! This lead me to 2 weeks off work due to terrible sickness associated to the pregnancy. I am still not 100 % very much day to day but there is a light at the end of the tunnel I am told. In 2 weeks 2 days I will be done the 1st trimester and from what I hear it becomes smooth sailing for a bit. Fingers crossed!
So to answer the pending questions before they happen...
1. Yes this is a good thing, unexpected but welcomed non the less.
2. No this was not planned, as a matter of fact when I was 21 I was diagnosed with PCOS
and was told by several doctors and specialist that I would have a very small chance of ever conceiving naturally. So you can imagine our surprise when the doctor called to give me the test results. I literally hung up on her...Oops!
3. No we are not getting married. At least not right now. Neither Chris or I see this as a valid reason to get married, I mean us getting married would be no different than a couple that has been married for 20 years unhappily staying together for the sake of the children. Contrary to the desires of a couple parents we are going to happily stay unmarried and raise our baby to be a happy and functional member of society.
4. No we do not know the sex of the child and we are not sure if we want to know at this point either. Healthy is all we care about, just like every other parent to be.
5. Do we have any names picked out yet? Well nothing set in stone but we like Dylan and Emma so far but hey there is still over 6 months to go before we have to actually decide.
6. What do I want? I would love to have a boy but that really has nothing to do with me... Chris's genes actually have that control. Either way I will love the peanut in which ever form he or she presents itself in.
So as you can imagine the blog is going to turn into somewhat of a pregnancy journal for a bit. An electronic place to keep track of it all.
I am posting a couple pics for you all to see first is one is a fuzzy ultrasound picture of the peanut at 8 weeks 5 days and the 2nd is the happy couple.
Enjoy the readings folks... It appears that I am back for a bit. :)
The Peanut 8 weeks 5 days