Monday, November 01, 2004

I found this entry in draft format, I must of got taken away from the computer...

Fish Sticks & Fries and Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup... I'm 8 again!

Mmmmm, do you remember all the great meals you had as a kid. The easy ones that Mom made. For me it was Fish Sticks & Fries and Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup...
What was Yours?

Either way, I have had both of these favs today... and it reminded me of how simple all your meals were when you were a kid.

Look at the menus we are presented with every day...

We can open any phone book turn to the yellow pages and have an abundance of gourmet foods at you finger tips (faster yet google local take out food + your city). Yet we still fall back on the staples of our youth to remind us of how simple it was to be a kid.



1 comment:

carmilevy said...

What a richly memorable post! Every time I get caught up in the accelerated pace of life that seems to define our time, I try to step back and repeat the word "simplify" to myself as many times as it takes before my heart rate returns to a normal rhythm.

Our childhood menus were certainly simple. I wish I couldgo back to the chicken soup on my kitchen table while I waited for the snow to start falling. If I close my eyes, I'm practically there.