SO I came home from work tonight with a mean hunger on... Wanted something a little different.
So I had breakfast for dinner!
A skillet baked omlette to be specific. aka Frittata...
I find cooking to be therapeutic... cathartic as a friend would say.
This is the process that I followed.
- fried in a medium size cast iron skillet
- 1 chicken breast cut into big chuncks
- 4 or 5 white mushrooms chopped up
- equal amount of red pepper chopped up
- some canola oil
- fresh garlic
- once the chicken was warm(i had previously cooked it) I added the veggies and cooked them for a few minutes till they were firm but no fully cooked
- then I poured on the egg and spice mixture
- 2 xl eggs + 1 egg white
- Worschecshire sauce to taste
- a shake or two of powdered cheese(i used romano)
- about a tbsp of 1% moo
- let it cook on the stove for a few minutes 5 or so I guess, on a medium heat
- swirl the pan around so the egg gets evenly distributed
- remove from heat
- sprinkle on top the following
- 3/4 cup mixed cheese (i used chedder and marble)
- romano cheese (the dry stuff like paramesean)
- then stick it in the oven on 350 F for 5 mins
- broil it for 2 more minutes or so to puff up the top and melt the cheese
It was Yummmmmmy!
F D & :o)
On a scale of 1 to 10 I give this meal a solid 9.5
What did you have for dinner?
How did you rate it?
Well that is it for tonight.
Enjoy the meal if you make it.
F D @ :o)
I hear the phrase all the time... it is common in Chris's family. After a really good meal, envision Homer Simpson crashing on his couch after a huge buffet.
I guess it has knitted it's way into my vocabulary, but that is how I felt when i was done dinner.
Happy Day after your Birthday! DJ Biz <:oP
1 day closer to a new decade!