Thursday, October 21, 2004

F D @ :o)

Work is stressful right now.
Nuff said...
New Topic

SO I came home from work tonight with a mean hunger on... Wanted something a little different.

So I had breakfast for dinner!
A skillet baked omlette to be specific. aka Frittata...

I find cooking to be therapeutic... cathartic as a friend would say.
This is the process that I followed.

  • fried in a medium size cast iron skillet
  1. 1 chicken breast cut into big chuncks
  2. 4 or 5 white mushrooms chopped up
  3. equal amount of red pepper chopped up
  4. some canola oil
  5. fresh garlic
  • once the chicken was warm(i had previously cooked it) I added the veggies and cooked them for a few minutes till they were firm but no fully cooked
  • then I poured on the egg and spice mixture
  1. 2 xl eggs + 1 egg white
  2. S&P
  3. Worschecshire sauce to taste
  4. a shake or two of powdered cheese(i used romano)
  5. about a tbsp of 1% moo
  • let it cook on the stove for a few minutes 5 or so I guess, on a medium heat
  • swirl the pan around so the egg gets evenly distributed
  • remove from heat
  • sprinkle on top the following
  1. 3/4 cup mixed cheese (i used chedder and marble)
  2. romano cheese (the dry stuff like paramesean)
  3. S&P
  • then stick it in the oven on 350 F for 5 mins
  • broil it for 2 more minutes or so to puff up the top and melt the cheese
I ate it with a bit of mild salsa on the top.

It was Yummmmmmy!
F D & :o)

On a scale of 1 to 10 I give this meal a solid 9.5

It was...
  • Fast(3.5)
  • Nutritious(3)
  • Tasty(2)
  • Creative(1)
The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been if someone made it for me and it would have been waiting when I came home...lol

What did you have for dinner?

How did you rate it?

Well that is it for tonight.
Enjoy the meal if you make it.

Cheers
L

btw
F D @ :o)
~Fat
~Dumb
and
~Happy :o)

I hear the phrase all the time... it is common in Chris's family. After a really good meal, envision Homer Simpson crashing on his couch after a huge buffet.
I guess it has knitted it's way into my vocabulary, but that is how I felt when i was done dinner.

Happy Day after your Birthday! DJ Biz <:oP
1 day closer to a new decade!

No comments: